5 Praise-Provoking Truths about Why God Created You
We’ve all asked it before: “Why did God create people?” With the messes we’ve made, it’s a fair question. Yet the answer isn’t what you think.
It’s likely that at one point in your life you’ve asked, “Why did God create people?” It’s a reasonable question, especially considering all the grief humanity must have caused Him. Why did our all-knowing God create us knowing the mess that we’d make of the things?
While writing my book, Activating the Power of God’s Word, I took the time to consider the options. And the Holy Spirit led me to a praise-provoking answer. But before I get to it, it’s also helpful to know why He didn’t create you and me.
Why God Didn’t Create People
First, God didn’t create us because He needed us; He’s not codependent. God is complete and lacks nothing. His security and well-being aren’t affected by anything we provide. Second, God didn’t create us because He was lonely. At the time of creation, He was already in relationship with His Son and Holy Spirit. He definitely wasn’t without company. Finally, God didn’t even need to be worshiped. Unlike some of us, God doesn’t have a “love tank” that needs to be filled with words of affirmation, acts of service or gifts. We worship God and give Him these things out of gratitude for who He is, not because He needs them to remain emotionally stable.
The Single Reason God Created People
Ultimately, God created us because He desired a family to whom He could fully express His unconditional love. The Bible gives us a glimpse into this. Ephesians 1:4-5 boasts, “Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ.”
5 Truths about How God Chose You
When I read this verse, I nearly erupt with spontaneous praise. Consider the incomprehensible implications of what it says:
- God saw you before He made the world. Long before you were news to your parents, you were the apple of God’s eye.
- God hasn’t loved you just since you became a Christian or “got it all together” (if that’s possible). He hasn’t just loved you even since you were born. No, God has always loved you, during everything you’ve been through, even before time began.
- God chooses to see you “in Christ,” which means He sees you without your faults and struggles.
- God decided, “I want (fill in the blank with your name) to be a part of My family, forever!”
- The final unfathomable truth is that through Jesus, God went to great lengths to ensure your adoption—to give you all the legal rights and inheritances of His family. Nothing can separate you from that.
So next time you feel insecure, unwanted or unloved, activate the power of God’s Word by declaring: “God chose me! God loves me! I am a child of God!”